The General Insurance Code of Practice 2014 Aims To:
- Promote better, more informed relationships between insurers and their customers;
- Maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
- Provide fair and effective mechanisms to resolve any complaints and disputes between insurers and their customers;
- Commit insurers to high standards of service; and
- Promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The Federal Government, insurance companies, consumer groups and the Insurance Council of Australia all support the General Insurance Code of Practice.
If you want to know more about the General Insurance Code of Practice, go to codeofpractice.com.au